Join the Seneca Street family, we’re currently looking for a Youth Development Director and After-School Program Tutors!
If you have a passion for working with youth and a desire to make a difference, while working with a team of committed professionals who take pride in serving Buffalo, then our Youth Development Director role needs YOU!
Job Title: Youth Development Director
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: Full Time
The Youth Development Director is responsible for leading the Seneca Street Community
Development Teen Program, impacting teens between the ages of 13 to 18. The Youth
Development Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting teen
programs and activities throughout the school year and summer to engage teens in both
educational and developmental opportunities, with the assistance of Seneca Street CDC staff.
This position is also responsible for providing oversight of the Mayor’s Summer Youth Program
and its daily operations. We are seeking a hands-on and enthusiastic person looking to make an
impact on the next generation.
● Develop and help initiate an individual plan for each teen post high school (college, the
trades, training programs, military, etc.).
● Mentor and support teens with specific resources found by Youth Development Director to
help those struggling with school, mental health, family and/or relationship issues
● Plan and lead a variety of cultural and enrichment activities for weekly Teen Nights.
● Develop after school programming for teens, both academic and social/emotional.
● Supervise tutors and college students working with teens; recruit additional tutors as needed.
● Plan and execute annual teen fundraising events.
● Assist with college application process to include financial aid applications.
● Assist with resume development and job interview preparation.
● Develop job readiness training, including the coordination of guest speakers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
● Completion of some college coursework
● Passion and enjoyment in working with the teenage population (ages 13-18)
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
● Bachelor’s degree
● Valid Driver’s License